Yoga for Children
Why Yoga for Kids?
- In our fast paced world today, yoga can provide a lifelong foundation for well-being: physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Yoga breathing informs children of their energy levels and teaches them techniques for both calming and energizing.
- Yoga postures build strong, limber, and healthy bodies. Verbal instruction improves body awareness and listening skills.
- Yoga is noncompetitive, cultivating a stronger sense of self esteem and self acceptance.
- Yoga improves interpersonal skills: social interaction, compassion and empathy.
- Yoga provides a quiet space for introspection.
- Most important, yoga is fitness fun!
Educating the "Whole Child" through Yoga
Why YogaKids Methodology
- YogaKids is the premier children's yoga program. Using yoga as a spring board for education, each class is themed with fun, educational topics infused with yoga for kinesthetic learning. YogaKids is based on the theory of Multiple Intelligence, giving every child an opportunity to shine bright.
- YogaKids uses literature (Reading Comes Alive with Yoga) to boost reading readiness or inspire with poetry.
- YogaKids uses visual arts as a creative complement for self discovery.
- YogaKids uses a variety of music, singing and rhythm to get kids moving and listening.
- YogaKids teaches anatomy and yogic benefits in a age appropriate manner for a life time awareness of health.
- Yoga means to unite. Each class offers an opportunity to practice social skills and say "Namaste" at the end of class. As Yoga Kim explains, "Namaste means that we salute the things inside each of us, like friendship, kindness and love, that makes us good human beings."